2007 Mustang GT/CS Vert

We love people doing mods, spending a few bucks and repoarting
here along with photos. I did my share a few years ago, its up to you guys
to keeps us amused over the winter :)

Yaaa, that's what's annoying about not having the car stored home. I can't install my stuff until the spring. it'll cut a little bit of my driving time in the spring, but quite frankly i enjoy doing work on the car myself. Only thing i will FOR SURE bring the car somewhere to do, is the spark plugs replacement. I do not want to crack one in the head :)

When I removed my plugs I did it in two part process, not having the tool.
I gave them that light turn, when you hear a small crack and stopped.
Lubed them and let them sit, couple days later, removed no problem.
Tool is better :)

When I removed my plugs I did it in two part process, not having the tool.
I gave them that light turn, when you hear a small crack and stopped.
Lubed them and let them sit, couple days later, removed no problem.
Tool is better :)

Yeah i have read about that exact method already actually!! the Ford's official spark plugs removal TSB is 13 pages long (!!!!!) and does actually kind of steer in that direction. Small crack, penetrating fluid, come back later, continue & repeat as required.
I've also read and heard of another way that seems to work great BUT makes me cringe a little: got out on a spririted driving session, go right back to the shop, crack them open with an impact gun. On the fence on that one lol.,

I have the Lisle removal tools for the 05-08 plugs when they become unplanned 2 piece upon attempted removal. It is simple and it works well

Should i ever be crazy enough to try them myself, I might need to call you and go pick up that wonderful tool to get me out of a mess hahaha.

Yeah i have read about that exact method already actually!! the Ford's official spark plugs removal TSB is 13 pages long (!!!!!) and does actually kind of steer in that direction. Small crack, penetrating fluid, come back later, continue & repeat as required.
I've also read and heard of another way that seems to work great BUT makes me cringe a little: got out on a spririted driving session, go right back to the shop, crack them open with an impact gun. On the fence on that one lol.,

Should i ever be crazy enough to try them myself, I might need to call you and go pick up that wonderful tool to get me out of a mess hahaha.
you only truly need the tool if you break one LOL

If you are following the “big ford procedure” I have a hint . When they ask you to do the initial turn 1/8th before adding the cleaner use a long bar so you can control the torque you apply. I used a short ratchet 8-10” and the snap when the plug loosened resulted in a 1/4 to 3/8 of a turn. I believe I broke two before I changed to the 2ft power bar to loosen which allowed me to control the extra - unwanted movement . I broke 3 on mine in total, I’ve changed 3 sets since I bought the tool without breaking any more !

Gerry's post on his build got me thinking:

When i open the diff to install the Watt link (Whiteline's Watt replaces the diff cover entirely), should i think about replacing the clutches in the differential, or even look into refreshing the gears? If my gears are not worn/need be replaced, they will stay, but having the cover opened, might be good to think about inspecting the whole assembly .....

Keep in mind, this car being built to be able to handle AS WELL as to do long road trips, it will never see 4.10's, worst it could have installed MIGHT be 3.73's. Currently the gears are the stock 3.55.

Gerry's post on his build got me thinking:

When i open the diff to install the Watt link (Whiteline's Watt replaces the diff cover entirely), should i think about replacing the clutches in the differential, or even look into refreshing the gears? If my gears are not worn/need be replaced, they will stay, but having the cover opened, might be good to think about inspecting the whole assembly .....

Keep in mind, this car being built to be able to handle AS WELL as to do long road trips, it will never see 4.10's, worst it could have installed MIGHT be 3.73's. Currently the gears are the stock 3.55.
I would consider 3.73's if I were you. Sorta like a kick in the pants.
Quite noticeable and you will really enjoy in parking lot runs.

My only real concern then at this point is more of: Highway speed, will i want to die due to too high cruising RPM's @ 120-130? Yes, I do not have even LTH but already thinking about highway NVH lol. I will this spring insulate (dynamat or similar) the bottom of the trunk area to help with noise transmission on highway speed anyways.
Plans down the line will only be mild exhaust wise, as i still want to enjoy this car on the long haul, but if the gears can actually help the behaviors day to day .... well why not? :)

3;55s are a Great Gear. Should not have a Big Jump in RPMs with 3:73 from a 3:55. Probably no more than a couple of hundred RPMs at Highway Cruising Speed.

But on the other hand, I love the fact that mine purrs along at 2,000 RPMs with the Cruise set at 70 MPH with the Stock 3:23 Gears. (y)

i've had some experience with this... :) :) :)

3.73's will definitely bring your revs up on the highway, I believe you have to be just over 120kph to get away from any drone

I installed sound deadening in the entire rear end of my BMW Z4 a couple of years ago and unfortunately it had pretty much ZERO effect on the drone, I believe due to it being an open cabin into the trunk area. I think you might have a similar experience with a convertible... and once that stuff is ON, it's ONNNNNN.

HAHA point noted, thank you Phil! One thing to remember tho, my trunk IS isolated from the cabin. Drone is only present once the top is up, and there's no pass through with the trunk since the convertible pump is underneath/behind the seats. My reasoning is to only do inside the trunk, under the carpets (A.K.A. spare tire area). The S197 having the mufflers what at the back, just changing to the MBRP axle back from the Redneck special changed the drone behaviour, so I am almost optimistic about my trunk idea ....
Will see, still weigthing the positives/negatives.

Drone is not from gear change, its from exhaust choice.
I had a fairly loud exhaust and had no drone.
I did try one that had a little but it was so loud
drone was not the problem, I switched back.

373 gears is not to bad on highway unless a large part of your
driving is highway, if your talking odd trip a year, not a big problem
maybe a bit more fuel consumption, if that's a problem
your driving the wrong car:ROFLMAO:

HAHAHA that for SURE is not my problem :p BUT, where i want to differ is that drone IS actually affected by gearing, at an instance.

Yes drone is 100% exhaust, but in these cars, it happens @ 1800-1900RPM's which are happening running between 90-115km/h right now with my 3.55. The thinking would be that since it bumps by 150-300RPM UP with the 3.73, it would actually help with the drone (by getting me out of the drone zone on highways). This is why I start to consider the gears, because really I do not feel the power loss of low rpm that forums usually report (keep in my I am already 100TQ down @2500-2600 than i was used to in the Focus ST, so I was already at a loss lol)

Back