Die Cast Model Cars any Scale, all types of Vehicles

Yes I do Lorne, when I am done posting all of them sometime just before Christmas, I will start a New Thread, "Man Caves, Garages" and you will get a "Group Shot". I'll wait till then as I don't want to Crash the Site. :giggle:

I was big into Indy racing in the 90's

5 kids in 6 years I call it the decade of diapers,loved Al Unser Jr.

I actually made the Valvoline model.couldn' dream of it now with eyesight.

When he went to Penske he won the Indy and championship,that car is supposed to say Marlboro but not allowed to advertise on toys,so that's why it says PenskeIMG_20191201_1214331.jpg

Weird co-incidence, but my first NASCAR race was the 2000 Daytona 500, which Jarrett won. We went to Daytona USA on the following Monday completely by accident and got to see the 88 car get inducted into Daytona USA, with a Q&A session with Jarrett afterwards.

Got this Hot Wheels with the program for the race....

IMG_1597.jpeg

Jarrett was never one of my favourites, I was a Jeff Gordon fan since '95. My buddy was an Earnhardt Sr fan, I loved the Tasmanian Devil paint scheme he ran in that race, and to be honest, I was an Earnhardt fan too. How could you not be ?.

Grabbed this 1/24th die cast to commemorate the occasion, got Gordons paint scheme too, the silver NASCAR 2000.
IMG_1596.jpeg

I was a huge Mark Martin fan, back in the day.
Now I barely follow, playoffs and stages is not racing to me.

Green flag, checker flag, thats racing guy at front wins
used to be simple, now you need a score card for race.

I attended the September 2000 NASCAR Race in New Hampshire and through a Contact with the New Hampshire State Police got Garage and Track Owners Hospitality Suite Passes for the weekend. Didn’t say Pit Pass, but was able to sneak on Pit Row on the day they were qualifying.995C7A04-9FD3-44C7-97CC-528FA6C9D07C.jpeg

I lost interest back around 2007 or 2008, used to be a diehard fan, made it to at least one race per year, typically Bristol March day race, Sharpie 500 night race in August and Michigan. Never missed a race telecast , but when they started changing the format and scoring it was diffcult to stay with it. Plus, driver personality has really been choked back, used to be you'r hear some great opinions and sound bites, other than Kyle now, not so much.

Bought a ton of die cast through the 2000's, as I find time I'll post them up.

I have also lost interest since the format change and the last 5 years typically only watch the Daytona 500 and the last Deciding Race in November. All the Drivers of my Die Cast NASCAR Collection have been retired for at least a few years. My Favourite was Dale Sr. Who passed 5 months after the Race I attended.

Back