Detailing

Wax and detailing is so subjective, and dependent upon everyones experience. I've used Meguiars and Mothers in the past, but once I tried Zaino, I pretty much found what I was looking for. I haven't had any problems with any of the products, from waxes to leather cleaner and conditioner, safe to say I'm a big fan. I'll still use Autoglym or Meguiars wheel cleaners to blow off the brake dust, otherwise its all Zaino.

Disadvantage is Zaino is not available in the chain stores, I drive a couple of hours to get my stash in Guelph, but there is mail order available.

I'm on the fence with ceramic, mostly the up front cost, but its all relative. The vinyl wraps sound amazing, but at $5000 or so to do the whole car, its even worse than ceramic. lol

Washing and waxing is a great zen/yoga/meditation exercise I find, just you and the car.

Last edited:
I agree. It is all in the eye of the person that is detailing their vehicle. There are so many different excellent quality products out there. We will never be able to try them all. Lol. I have had good luck with meguires over the years and seem to be my go to.

As for ceramic I could not ever make myself pay to get it done but I enjoyed learning with a friend of mine when we did mine. We did my wife's new vehicle as well and it turned out great as well.

You are right it is a therapy that's for sure. I crank the music and just detail away.

Yupp!! Anyone is doing detailing in their own approach, that's for sure!

here's my Friday yesterday... complete wash/decontamination, clay bar, compound, polish and wax on the Jetta. Sad part is.... it's looking better than the mustang at the moment!!! :(:( will need to do her the similar treament sometime... maybe this year, maybe next... was quite an intense day, 8AM to 7PM with two lunch breaks lol

-Chemical guys soaps
-Adam's degreaser + wheel cleaners
-Meguiars Clay bar
-Meguiars Microfiber cutting disc and MF system cutting compound
-CCS white pad with Meguiars M205 finishing polish
-Griot's garage synthetic polywax (had it, though might as well try it!)

Was damn tired and slept very well last night hahaha, imagine quality suffered.

Ohtobbad;n32596 said:
all that work and its still a Volkswagen
:rofl

you should say: all that work and still the company's car !! LOL I guess was was getting extremely tired of seeing the paint frigged up from the job sites and ZERO care that i gave the last two summers ... so i was long time coming maintenance ... let's just say between here and the time they change the Jetta for something else (hopefully a small pickup), it will be the only time it's been paint corrected, but will have to maintain wax wise. It is, at the end of the day, MY daily driver year long!! :rolleyes::)

Mcdavis;n32568 said:
Try the Aqua wax sometime Trevor, it’s a great product.

I've always used Autoglym products, but haven't tried this before..
I bought one on your recommendation for my daily Outback that is always neglected, hasn't been waxed in years and washed in months . So as you can tell I don't like spending time on this one, so I thought this might be a quick go...results were great , very easy and quick , the old Subaru almost looks as good as the new Forrester now.. Will definitely keep this product in stock..

Mineral Grey;n32871 said:
I've always used Autoglym products, but haven't tried this before..
I bought one on your recommendation for my daily Outback that is always neglected, hasn't been waxed in years and washed in months . So as you can tell I don't like spending time on this one, so I thought this might be a quick go...results were great , very easy and quick , the old Subaru almost looks as good as the new Forrester now.. Will definitely keep this product in stock..

Glad you liked it!

Back