Atlantic Nationals Friday July 5th supper and cruise

Ohtobbad;n31672 said:
Great run and supper in spite of the rain.
Quite enjoyed.

Very Surprised how dead downtown was this year, we got there about
9:30, only a few cars and not any big crowds.

The Group of 4 Cars I was part of was in front of Cora's across from the Second Live Music Stage and after Supper it was as packed with people as I have ever seen. When we left as a group at 10:30 we had trouble exiting the crowd was so thick. Afternoon Crowd was much lighter due to the Oppressive Heat and Humidy. We didn't get the Downpour Shediac and other parts of Moncton got, but when we got out of Pastelli's after supper, the Skies were Blue and the Sun was shining and it had cooled down to a comfortable level.

Not sure exactly when you left, that band area was busy, But I seen 5 cars on street and one of those was on the cruise with us.
He drove down, parked as close as you can get to main bandstand. the other 4 cars on the street were all I seen.
I was there at 10 by main band stage and could walk within 20' and had choice of many seats in stands never seen that before.

We walked the street with ease and were back at hotel and in bed by 11pm.
I never recognized any of the band names, not sure of the talent level, but
crowds in that area was sparse. Even side streets use to have a lot of cars
I seen 2 that was it. I realize I was later than normal but shocked how little was going
on when we got there, normally hard to move.

Ohtobbad;n31695 said:
Not sure exactly when you left, that band area was busy, But I seen 5 cars on street and one of those was on the cruise with us.
He drove down, parked as close as you can get to main bandstand. the other 4 cars on the street were all I seen.
I was there at 10 by main band stage and could walk within 20' and had choice of many seats in stands never seen that before.

We walked the street with ease and were back at hotel and in bed by 11pm.
I never recognized any of the band names, not sure of the talent level, but
crowds in that area was sparse. Even side streets use to have a lot of cars
I seen 2 that was it. I realize I was later than normal but shocked how little was going
on when we got there, normally hard to move.

We left around 10:30. The Band at the 2nd Stage across from our spot was Old School, the Best Cover band in Moncton.

Back