8th Generation Corvette Revealed, And reasonably priced for Super Car Performance

First thing that came to mind with me is the person who posted the add for the wheels stole them. Who in their right mind Jacks up a new Corvette and puts wheels for sale on line. Doesn’t make sense.

Not only parked outside in the winter, but parked on street.
Owner is an idiot, Thief should be beat to death with tire iron.

Funny or not, your choice, there was a conversation on the radio about stealing,
mostly petty thieves and people going off on topic. Host was being sarcastic, but asked
if we should go back to stone age and cut a persons hand off for stealing,
I yelled yes at my radio, best I can figure would only steal twice and you would know who they are LOL.

Car was jacked in Detroit, listing for tires and wheels was Omaha, but either way, at $500 they're stolen.

I couldn't care less if someone drove a C8 in the winter, but you have to question the practicality of a decision like that......if that car had tires and wheels on it, you could probably walk faster from a dead start than that car taking off from a light on snow covered roads. Same for stopping, performance tires are barely good in the rain let alone snow.

Seems weird if you had the money for a C8 you couldn't buy a beater for the winter, then again, people will finance their butts off to get something they can't really afford.

I remember when the C5 came out in 97, Car and Driver tested one in Michigan winter equipped with Performance Winter Tires and I was pleasantly surprised with the results. Performance in light snow and slick roads was adequate. But anything more than 6 inches of snow and you’re screwed.

I agree, these are toys and special and should be treated as such,
but some people have no respect, they are cars and the fact they are expensive
means nothing to some people with money.

A guy in dartmouth, high end insurance sales, leases one of these two years at a time and drives year round.
1579989831637.png

I drive by a brand new porsche every couple of days with a set of winter tires on it, I can't understand it.

But this one really just blew my mind. I was at the Chatime tea place again the other day, and this time the guy had a Lambo parked outside. In the winter. In the salt.

I need to open a tea shop.

IMG_0535.jpg

There was a line green Huracan around Ch'town a couple of years back. Asian immigrant with $$ bought it from a local collector and drove it through the winter.

I think there's people settling in the region with buckets of money who dont come from "car culture" countries who buy high end vehicles and just drive them. Unfortunately, the results can be pretty bad.... a couple of winters ago a fatality was connected to high end vehicle with ultra performance tires nowhere near suites for temps and road conditions.

Another example where you can buy $240k vehicle and walk out the door after a handshake but you can't rent a roto tiller at Home Depot without passing a practical operating exam!

Back