2019 - 2020 NHL Season.

MHL Skills Competition in St. Louis last night. Shea Weber won the Fastest Slap-shot competition with a 106.5 MPH shot and he donated the $30,000 in Prize money to the Luke Richardson Foundation that supports Youth Suicide Prevention. Canadiens Assistant Coach Luke Richardson lost a Daughter to Suicide.

I never bought into the allstar game since they dropped the conference teams and added 2 more days of filler.
More like comparing Harlem Globetrotter games with NBA rivalry games. Movie nite tonight in Cornwall, PEI!!

I went to bed and read another chapter of Ken Dryden Scotty Bowman Book that covered the mid 70s when over a 3 year period they only lost a total of 29 games, in 3 years. (In addition to winning 4 Stanley Cups in a Row). Reading stats like that make it real hard to digest their current performance.

CJ snd MB really believe the whole problem is injuries,
As Montreal fan if you believe BG and Drouin will be what we need to make a cup run
have another drink. If we had of stayed perfectly healthy, might have scratched in playoff spot.
More than likely gone in first round, yes anything can happen, but its rare one of the top 6 teams
don't end up winning it all.

So, If fans and organization are happy with being a 9 to 16th place team, just barely making playoffs
and once every 10 years maybe seeing a conference finals, then its not the team I fell in love with
50 + years ago. I realize we are not going to win the cup every year.
But building a contender and following the cycle with a 2-3 year window at a cup is not unrealistic
for a team with resources they have. Having to rebuild and re-tool is normal,
but perpetual tread mill crap is getting old.

We keep it up, were going to start sounding like the leafs fans, nobody wants that :)

Back