2016 Oxford White Mustang GT

Heard good things about those Powerstop rotors....did you get the pads too ??
Thought you were just going to do minor stuff to that car ???
Think you got the bug to mod eh ??? lol

Yes, I've read up quite a bit on these and Powerstop does have a good rep. But here's the secret I found: These are not Powerstop. They are Brakemotive, sold on Ebay. They come from the same address, same factory, same rotors, same Powerstop instructions inside the box, but they are sold as "Brakemotive" and are literally 1/2 the price of Powerstop!

Ohtobbad;n21201 said:
your springs ever show up?
Get your brakes on yet?

Still waiting on the new set of springs, hopefully this week. They ended up being out of stock in Canadian warehouse so that's the reason for delay. I am waiting to do rotors and pads all at the same time now so everything's just on hold...

I did install my Steeda jacking rails yesterday, though. I *hate* jacking on the pinch welds so this was a fairly inexpensive mod to do and gives me peace of mind.

I wanted to add jacking rails, but didn't wanna add the weight lol.
So just very careful when jacking up car and I put buffing pads on jack :)

This is also something i have found... from where did you order them? Steeda direct or a distributor in Canada?

+1 on the jacking rails, I did the BMR's , love how they bolted right in, I didn't even bother jacking the car up, took like five minutes a side.

I bought mine from american muscle, but I think I might have been able to get a bitter better pricing by talking directly to steeda. They seem to give better pricing when you chat with them directly and mention you are a forum member. In my case it was the mustang6g forum, but there is probably an s197 forum that steeda is active on as well.

I installed the front lowering springs today. So the car now has a 1.2" drop on the front and stock ride height on the back. It has quite a nice rake to it and i'm going to let it sit overnight before I decide whether or not I finish the rears!

you will want to do the the rears to maintain the handling aspect of the car.
Might like look with rear up, but you will lose a bit in performance.

Not happy with exhaust volume right now. It's the Magnaflow Street series cat-back with x-pipe. It does have some volume when you really floor it, but other than that it's quite tame in my opinion. Trying to decide best route to take:

a) Put entirely new cat-back on, sell Magnaflow

b) Cut off mufflers, replace with new axle-backs and keep x-pipe

c) Keep current system and add in electric cut-outs

Anyone have suggestions?

Back