2006 Mustang GT Convertible Torch Red

Karen borrowed the one Gerry has and took the car for a spin. She said yep it's a must lol.

Been a while but plans being made for a few changes on the 2006. Wheels were bought late last year. Big thanks to those who got them delivered to me here in NS. Gonna go tire shopping in the next little while and those will be installed. The car has the famous issue of bubbles in the factory hood. So that will be the next thing replaced and painted if need be. I also got a rear spoiler for it....will pick that up from Aaron tomorrow night. That was a bit of a surprise since the guy lost one of the pieces so here we are months later and boom it's all in tact. Hopefully it will look as decent on the car as I hope. Panhard bar has been bought....kind of lol. Just gotta get some money to Max and pick it up. Also the owner requested a new stereo system for her birthday so I can see that happening this spring. The list just keeps growing. Once I get the wheels out of the shed and the spoiler in my hands will post some pics. Have a lead on a used hood also so we will see where that goes once spring gets a little closer :)

Looking forward to seeing those wheels installed on that car. It will change the look of it for sure. Stereo??Sweet oh the options. LOL. That spoiler will look good I believe... but I am biased as I like spoilers.

Canuck121;n28669 said:
Been a while but plans being made for a few changes on the 2006. Wheels were bought late last year. Big thanks to those who got them delivered to me here in NS. Gonna go tire shopping in the next little while and those will be installed. The car has the famous issue of bubbles in the factory hood. So that will be the next thing replaced and painted if need be. I also got a rear spoiler for it....will pick that up from Aaron tomorrow night. That was a bit of a surprise since the guy lost one of the pieces so here we are months later and boom it's all in tact. Hopefully it will look as decent on the car as I hope. Panhard bar has been bought....kind of lol. Just gotta get some money to Max and pick it up. Also the owner requested a new stereo system for her birthday so I can see that happening this spring. The list just keeps growing. Once I get the wheels out of the shed and the spoiler in my hands will post some pics. Have a lead on a used hood also so we will see where that goes once spring gets a little closer :)

S197CS;n28685 said:
Hood is something iknow i should do too, but i also am craving stereo AND redone seats..... ahhh decisions ? can’t wait to see yours with all these this year!

what you adding the year Max?

S197CS;n28685 said:
Hood is something iknow i should do too, but i also am craving stereo AND redone seats..... ahhh decisions ? can’t wait to see yours with all these this year!

In Moncton, I would recommend Tints and Tunes for Stereo. I had Remote Starter installed there 2 years ago when I got my Mazda CX3. They do Factory Quality Installs on anything they sell. And B&J Auto Upholstery for Seats.

S197CS;n28685 said:

Hey Max, do you just have dry cracked seats ? If so the old paint , lacquer, then 303 works great ....

Something to consider for reconditioning leather seats:
start by removing the seats,
Spray liberally with a good gen purpose cleaner & give a chance to soak in. Use microfiber cloth to even out and clean the areas, then a bristle brush to get into the seams,
Use a good steamer...something that pushes a pile of steam to open up the leather and a good wipe down with micro Fibre cloth.
If you've got worn areas, a good leather dye with black and a lighter color in case you have to mute the color a bit. Leave it to absorb, then a good wipe down.
Pull out the steamer again and open the leather again then run in a good paste leather conditioner.
Give the seats a day, a final buff & the like new Lustre should be back.

Back