Collapse

2017 / 2018 NHL Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have said it before and i will say it again. If I am Jeff Molson i would have already let Bergevin Go! I would definitely start there. Heads need to roll for the mess the team is in.
    2001BlackGTVert : 17" Cobra Wheels, Lowered 1 1/4", Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust,Mac Pro Chamber H pipe, Ford Shorty Headers, KN Filter, 4:10 gears, CDC'S Convertible Light Bar, B&M Ratchet Shifter, Ford Racing Tonneau cover, strut tower brace and Brookspeed tune.

Comment

• Anyway, turns out nobody can solve the surging Coyotes lol.

Comment

• WOW must be a slow news day, the have weber going to the leafs along with Oliver EL
        giving up Nylander and Marner and Price going to Edmonton.
        I don't see the Leafs giving up Marner.
        Nor the Price going to Edmonton, interesting to ponder,
        but hard to call these guys professional writers unless of course sports is now fiction.
        2016 GT350R
        5.2 Flat plane crank V-8

Comment

• I don’t think you listened to the video lol. They talk about how Weber and OEL being possible fits in Toronto. When they said Weber you can hear them laugh at the thought of that (this is Leafs radio by the way) and then they say how it’s a “pie in the sky” type of deal. Dredger then discusses how Nylander is a 6 million dollar player at most when he resigns while either of those D would be a crazy amount more money. Leafs don’t have that kind of cap space unless they unload a lot more than just Marner and Nylander. Not gonna happen.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/are-ekma...-sky%7E1267236
          Last edited by Canuck166; 21-Nov-2017, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Canuck166
            Canuck166 commented
            Editing a comment
            But Nylander for someone that would help on D I’m not against. Gonna be a big chunk of change when the youngins renegotiate and you can’t keep them all.

• On another note, my dad was in Montreal Monday and back today (Tuesday). He was at a concert at the Bell Centre Monday night and the guy did his encore in a Habs jersey and he got booed. Lol.

Dad was saying that that talk in Montreal is that they are done for the year and everyone is waiting to see what kind of changes will be done in the next while. A little early to throw in the towel if you ask me but sounds like full panic mode with the Habs fans in the big city.

Comment

• 2001BlackGTvert
            2001BlackGTvert commented
            Editing a comment
            True fans never give upnon their team even in bad times. you as a leafs fan should know that. Lol

The booing of the performer wearing a habs jersey is a classless act by the fans of that performer. I would have walked off the stage. Lol. Unfortunately many of them could have Not been Habs fans. I know many companies we deal with in Quebec that some of their employees will never cheer for the Habs as they are still bent oit of shape because they lost the Nordiques franchise. But hurt I guess.

Heck my sister and brother in law live in Toronto and have been for the last 20 some years and are Habs fans.

• Ohtobbad
            Ohtobbad commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree Charlie. I was born a habs fan and might not be happy and at least don't wear rose
            colour glasses and can see what is. That said I would never boo, its disrespectful to the players.
            the Players want to win and make the effort or most do. They have no say on the roster.

• Likely correct, For Montreal to come back this season to make playoffs would be very difficult.
          Problem is if Molson waits until they miss the play offs to fire MB, then all that time is lost for a new GM
          to evaluate, make possible moves, teams will pay more at trade deadline if they think they can
          make a run. Montreal has to take advantage of that.
          TrueBlue02058 likes this.
          2016 GT350R
          5.2 Flat plane crank V-8

Comment

• You will finally get your wish come Spring Trevor, when Molson fires MB when they miss the Playoffs.

I won't be sad either when he gets Fired.

Just watch, the Habs will Suck until they are officially eliminated from the Post Season, then they will start winning.

2001 BULLITT Mustang, # 02058 , of 5582 Built , one of 722 Produced in True Blue. MGW Short Throw Shifter, K & N Filter , Projector Headlights , Smoked LED 3rd Brake Light.

Comment

• Ohtobbad
              Ohtobbad commented
              Editing a comment
              you might be right, my concern is if they let MB do more, which is the plan.
              Could make it worse or better. But he built this team and his plan didn't
              work. If they wait till summer, the new guy loses out on trade deadline and maybe even
              the draft. Which for us could be another year or two of pain.

• What I have noticed is how well guys like Subban and Emelin are doing on their new teams and the list of other former Habs contributing to their new Teams in a positive way is a long one. Last night Niemi did well. No shame on him if the Team loses 2-1 in a shoot out. Goaltenders can't score goals. Being unable to score on a 5-3 PP is unacceptable in this league.
            Ohtobbad likes this.
            2001 BULLITT Mustang, # 02058 , of 5582 Built , one of 722 Produced in True Blue. MGW Short Throw Shifter, K & N Filter , Projector Headlights , Smoked LED 3rd Brake Light.

Comment

• Canuck166
              Canuck166 commented
              Editing a comment
              Didn't fit in the budget?? Aren't they 8 million below the cap lol

• Canuck166
              Canuck166 commented
              Editing a comment
              6 and a half million to be precise

• Ohtobbad
              Ohtobbad commented
              Editing a comment
              according to gap geek and TSN the other night 5.2 cap space currently.
              they made he mistake with price. if they had of put in DL 5 weeks of cap hit goes away.
              injuries matter. Regardless, IMO he is not worth 6.5 million.

• Jason you were sticking up for Kadri, yup he's a class act eh.
            2016 GT350R
            5.2 Flat plane crank V-8

Comment

• Canuck166
              Canuck166 commented
              Editing a comment
              He's Kadri. On the edge. I stick up for what he does on the ice no question..scores goals and draws penalties.

I assume you are referring to the stick incident in the penalty box?? A little old to be taking a hissy fit and I don't remember sticking up for him in regards to that lol
              Last edited by Canuck166; 24-Nov-2017, 12:20 PM.

• A Friend and Fellow Habs Fan and I had lunch yesterday. He has the right Attitude. He says the Habs are just going to squeak into the Post Season by a point or 2 and knock the Leafs out in the First Round.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueBlue02058 View Post
              A Friend and Fellow Habs Fan and I had lunch yesterday. He has the right Attitude. He says the Habs are just going to squeak into the Post Season by a point or 2 and knock the Leafs out in the First Round.

Great attitude for sure but I will tell you why he’s wrong. I can hear the Habs fans (which is everyone else in this thread) saying ohh yeah, here we go the Kadri loving Leafs fan is gonna tell us how it is. Well yes I am going to tell you how it is but the reason makes sense

IF the Habs squeeze into the playoffs ( BIG IF lol) then that puts them in a wildcard spot. In order for this to be a first round match the Leafs would have to win the Atlantic which isn’t going to happen. Tampa is well on its way to that so who knows where the Leafs will finish but it won’t be number 1. Perhaps if both make the playoffs they could meet in round two??

Comment

• Ohtobbad
                Ohtobbad commented
                Editing a comment
                you might be right, we will have to see what happens to Leafs in January.
                It shouldn't happen, but the traditional to the free fall, maybe they will only squeak
                into playoffs you COD loving leafs fan.

• Price will be back tomorrow night, lets hope the extra month
              is what he needed to re-set.
              2016 GT350R
              5.2 Flat plane crank V-8

Comment

• Price gets the shut out, looked good. Also stops skid.
                Leafs have rough one against washington.
                Duchsane gets 1st goal in 2-1 loss for ottawa.
                busy night in NHL.
                Last edited by Ohtobbad; 26-Nov-2017, 07:40 AM.
                2016 GT350R
                5.2 Flat plane crank V-8

Comment

• Yeah Price was Price last night. Exactly what he needed in his first game back. Great confidence booster. He made some nice saves.
                  2001BlackGTVert : 17" Cobra Wheels, Lowered 1 1/4", Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust,Mac Pro Chamber H pipe, Ford Shorty Headers, KN Filter, 4:10 gears, CDC'S Convertible Light Bar, B&M Ratchet Shifter, Ford Racing Tonneau cover, strut tower brace and Brookspeed tune.

Comment

• Ohtobbad
                    Ohtobbad commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am sure Buffalo was part of the return plan as well.

• TrueBlue02058
                    TrueBlue02058 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They lost to the Coyotes a few weeks ago, so there is no such thing as an easy game.

• Lot of relieved Fans in Montreal.

Leafs are only 3 points behind Tampa Bay, and the Habs are only 5 points out of a Wild Card Spot, so it's not too late in the Season to turn things around.

A Healthy Price is a Good Start.

Comment

• Ohtobbad
                    Ohtobbad commented
                    Editing a comment
                    At this point I am wondering if Montreal making the playoffs would be a good or bad thing.
                Working...
                X