Winter Photo Contest Winner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Your Ultimate road trip(s) - Where would they be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Ultimate road trip(s) - Where would they be?

So all of a sudden you have a month of time and $10,000.00 for a road trip- so I'm dreaming - What's wrong with that ?
    Where would the road trip take you and your Mustang?

Do you have a favorite location to revisit ?
    Let's hear where you would go. You can break up the time and make several smaller trips if you want or one big one
    If you need more money you choose how much and tell us

My bucket list is to drive through the rockies. High horsepower going up some big hills :-)
    S197CS, Ohtobbad and TrueBlue02058 like this.
    THUNDR
    2008 GT500
    Vista Blue

Comment

Route 66, Chicago to LA, then north to BC, through Rockies.
      S197CS likes this.
      2001 BULLITT Mustang, # 02058 , of 5582 Built , one of 722 Produced in True Blue. MGW Short Throw Shifter, K & N Filter , Projector Headlights , Smoked LED 3rd Brake Light.

Comment

• 05 gt 5spd
        05 gt 5spd commented
        Editing a comment
        I have driven some of this road - Great old road with lots of history . Plan for lots of time to stop and visit some of the small towns

• Mcdavis
        Mcdavis commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely one of my favorites have down various sections in various trips..... love it!

Start in Calgary - Rockies and continue down the west coast sound like a good idea - I think we have used up 10 days with some sightseeing not counting getting to Calgary
      TrueBlue02058 and Mineral Grey like this.

Comment

I would start from Home. Probably head West and do some sight seeing. A trip back trough the Us with some more sight seeing. I would wnjoy just deiving without no set route. Some of the best trips.
        S197CS, TrueBlue02058 and Ohtobbad like this.
        2001BlackGTVert : 17" Cobra Wheels, Lowered 1 1/4", Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust,Mac Pro Chamber H pipe, Ford Shorty Headers, KN Filter, 4:10 gears, CDC'S Convertible Light Bar, B&M Ratchet Shifter, Ford Racing Tonneau cover, strut tower brace and Brookspeed tune.

Comment

Great topic, Wow so many places.
          California coast highway would be on that list.
          Florida keys, might have to be two different trips.
          Route 66, tail of the dragon. Rockies.
          hmmm more time to plan is needed
          or more money and time LOL.

TrueBlue02058 likes this.
          2016 GT350R
          5.2 Flat plane crank V-8

Comment

I’m pretty sure I already did mine in 2014. Gonna be very difficult to top that one.
            Ohtobbad and like this.

Comment

• Ohtobbad
              Ohtobbad commented
              Editing a comment
              yes that was great road trip, even the story was fun to follow.
              But everything can be topped

Definitely see the possibility of some decent ideas coming out of this thread.
            2001BlackGTVert : 17" Cobra Wheels, Lowered 1 1/4", Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust,Mac Pro Chamber H pipe, Ford Shorty Headers, KN Filter, 4:10 gears, CDC'S Convertible Light Bar, B&M Ratchet Shifter, Ford Racing Tonneau cover, strut tower brace and Brookspeed tune.

Comment

• Ohtobbad
              Ohtobbad commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes I agree, likely for most of us is the time, even more than the money.
              Getting a few days is a challenge. how about 1,2 or three weeks?

almost anything coastal or through the mountains for me.. so many to choose but the Rockies and Florida Key's would be tops.. tail of the Dragon has been on the bucket list too. some other great ones were also mentioned that i would not say no to.. hope some more posts come in with some different ones i don't know of to peak my interest.

Capture.PNG

Comment

I did this about 15 years ago.

Something you can do in about 4-5 days is.
              Drive to bathurst, then to Mont Jolie.
              Drive along St Lawrence river to Quebec city.
              Then drive into Vermont, through the white mountains
              into New hampshire. Then return along the coast of Maine.
              Beautiful drive, relatively affordable, beautiful views.
              Can do this in 4-5 days depending on how much sight seeing and
              shopping you wish to do.
              2016 GT350R
              5.2 Flat plane crank V-8

Comment

Wow, all of the above options sounds incredible to me! Route 66 have been a long time contender of mine, along with tail of the dragon! Keys and the rockies though, those also are great destinations!! Ohhh one day
                Max

2013 Ford Focus ST (FOR SALE) - 251WHP / 329Tq Stratified Tuned

Comment

• Ohtobbad
                  Ohtobbad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  you need to update your tag line, or is your focus still for sale

• 2001BlackGTvert
                  2001BlackGTvert commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LOL I sent him a few messages on this lol. He still wants to think he has the focus for sale I guess. Haha

Wife and I did Caraquet to Key West and back in November 1984 in our 83 Monte Carlo. Was a Great Trip. We are Due for another Epic Road Trip.
                2001 BULLITT Mustang, # 02058 , of 5582 Built , one of 722 Produced in True Blue. MGW Short Throw Shifter, K & N Filter , Projector Headlights , Smoked LED 3rd Brake Light.

Comment

Eastern seaboard of US down to Charlotte, swing west to Tail of the dragon (again), Kentucky , West Virginia, Penn state on the way back to NS . There is a Mustang Museum opening in Charlotte in April of 2018.

OPEN TRACK AT CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY APRIL 13, 2018
                  For all you Open Track drivers you will have the have opportunity to drive on the new road course at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Friday, April 13th. This event is hosted by the Carolina Regional Mustang Club Performance Driving Team, the same team that handled the Open Track responsibilities at the Mustang 50th. Nationwide Garages are also available to rent for the day.

NATIONAL MUSTANG DAY FESTIVITIES TUESDAY - APRIL 17, 2018
                  The morning of the April 17th the Museum will be reserved for the Mustang media-print and internet outlets. At 1PM, the Museum will reopen for anyone that registered for this days festivities. We will then cruise to Kannapolis, NC at 4PM for an evening of music and fun. Food trucks will also be on hand. As thousands of other Mustang enthusiasts are doing on this day-we are cruising and partying with our Mustangs.

OFFICIAL GRAND OPENING APRIL 19-22, 2018
                  The official Grand Opening Ceremony will begin at 9AM on Thursday, April 19th, 2018. We will announce the special guests attending the Grand Opening as they are confirmed.

Comment

• Ohtobbad
                    Ohtobbad commented
                    Editing a comment
                    As much as I would love to, not likely something I could do.
                    Time is my biggest enemy in the Mustang season.

• 05 gt 5spd
                    05 gt 5spd commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This one is off the list for 2018, museum opening is delayed , building won’t be ready in time for April2018

• Canuck166
                    Canuck166 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dohhh. I was actually gonna keep an eye on this and see what I could do. Perhaps we could arrange something else along the same route??

I would like to see the Henry Ford museum and maybe the Smithsonian.

Comment

• Mcdavis
                    Mcdavis commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The Henry Ford and Greenfield Village are great. Have been many times over the years (used to live near there for a while).

One trip I'd like to do isn't really suitable for a Mustang but I'd love to drive to BC, turn right up the AlCan highway and follow it to the end.
                  2006 GT Convertable Roush suspension, strut brace and underhood bling
                  GT500 Strut mounts and throttle body Accel Coil Packs Airaid Race CAI to make it go
                  Hawk Sector 27 Rotors and ceramic pads to make it stop

Comment

Working...
                  X